- Membership for the club runs from the 1st of January to the 31st of December
- The early bird discount only applies if you join in January
- If you join after August your membership fee is reduced for that year, you will have to pay the full membership in January to join again
- Under 18s must have a guardian join and attend trips with them*
- If you are unemployed and receiving benefit, furloughed, or partially furloughed use the Under 18 price**
|Type||Price for Year|
|Over 18||Jan: £23.00 (early bird discount)|
Feb – Aug: £27.00
Sep – Dec: £17.00
Unemployed or Furloughed**
|Jan: £18.00 (early bird discount)|
Feb – Aug: £20.00
Sep – Dec: £13.00
Requirements to joining
Our only requirements for new members wishing to climb indoors is that you know how to belay and tie in safely. To attend any outside meets where lead belaying is necessary you should already be competent at lead belaying. Competency will be assessed by an experienced committee member. Unfortunately we aren’t able to teach tying in or belaying but below are some climbing walls in the area who provide courses.
- Chichester College Climbing Wall
- Golden Gecko Climbing (in Romsey)
- Calshot Activities Centre (outside Southampton)
How to Join
- Complete our online membership form
If you wish you can print out the form linked above and post it to us. Contact us for the address.
- Send us your membership payment, details for sending payment can be found on the membership form.
- After the payment shows in the club account a membership card will be sent to you
- You can now attend club meets
- Affiliated British Mountaineering Council (BMC) membership, giving you:
- Discount at several local shops including:
- Discounted entry at High Sports Climbing Walls such as Brighton.
- A friendly bunch of like minded people who enjoy the outdoors
Our qualification & equipment
The HMA also has SPA qualified members (a nationally recognised climbing instructional qualification) who have experience taking people who have climbed indoors and want to try the outdoors for the first time. Other members, although not SPA qualified, also have years of climbing experience and take new people climbing both outdoors and indoors too.
The club also has climbing equipment which can be borrowed by new or prospective members who have yet to buy their own equipment.