- Membership for the club runs from the 1st of January to the 31st of December
- The early bird discount only applies if you join in January
- If you join after August your membership fee is reduced for that year, you will have to pay the full membership in January to join again
- Under 18s must have a guardian join and attend trips with them*
- If you are unemployed and receiving benefit use the Under 18 price**
|Type||Price for Year|
|Over 18||Jan: £23.00 (early bird discount)|
Feb – Aug: £28.00
Sep – Dec: £17.00
|Jan: £18.00 (early bird discount)|
Feb – Aug: £21.00
Sep – Dec: £13.00
Requirements to joining
Our only requirements for new members wishing to climb indoors is that you know how to belay and tie in safely. To attend any outside meets where lead belaying is necessary you should already be competent at lead belaying. Competency will be assessed by an experienced committee member. Unfortunately we aren’t able to teach tying in or belaying but below are some climbing walls in the area who provide courses.
- Chichester College Climbing Wall
- Parthian Climbing (Southampton)
- Calshot Activities Centre (outside Southampton)
- Golden Gecko Climbing (in Romsey)
How to Join
- Complete our online membership form
- Transfer your membership payment, details for making payment can be found on the membership form.
- After the payment shows in the club account your will application will be completed.
- You can now attend club meets.
- Please allow up to 10 days for your membership to be processed, in case someone is on holiday.
- Affiliated British Mountaineering Council (BMC) membership, giving you:
- Discount at several local shops including:
- A friendly bunch of like minded people who enjoy the outdoors
Our qualification & equipment
The HMA also has SPA qualified members (a nationally recognised climbing instructional qualification) who have experience taking people who have climbed indoors and want to try the outdoors for the first time. Other members, although not SPA qualified, also have years of climbing experience and take new people climbing both outdoors and indoors too.
The club also has climbing equipment which can be borrowed by new or prospective members who have yet to buy their own equipment.